Solution Finder Get Tech Support

<0.2W supply from 100-500VDC

Posted by: simonk2 on

Hello guys,

I would like to ask you which part would you recommend for application where I need very low power and 5V bias voltage which is supplied from 3-phase system. After rectification I get 100-520VDC. System must still work if 1 or 2 phases are missing.

I have checked DER-507 and it suits my aplication regarding output voltage and current. I would need to just take care of voltage rating for C1 capacitor, which should be much higher then.

Is that the way to go?

Many thanks,

Simon

Comments

Submitted by PI-YY on 12/02/2016

Hello simonk2,

Thank you for interested in using Power Integrations products.

If you don't need any isolation, you can use LNK-TN2(DER507 IC family) solutions for your application.

As if you can directly use DER507, it depends on your output current. DER507 is designed for 35mA output. if your output current is lower than 35mA, you can use it. otherwise, please refer to our Link-TN2 datasheet output current table to select bigger device for you application.

As your input is 3 phase, you may need to add recifier to get 100VDC-520VDC as you mentioned. after that you can connect it to the Link-TN2 circuit with a high rating C1 capacitor. 

Best Regards

Submitted by simonk2 on 12/15/2016

In reply to by PI-YY

Just one more question, must this C1 capacitor be electrolytic type? Problematic is voltage rating. I can get film capacitor of 2.2uF 630V - would that still be ok - I presume, capacitor is here just for voltage smoothening.

Best regards,

Simon

Submitted by PI-YY on 12/19/2016

Hello simonk2,

Ceramic capacitor is OK to use. However, you need to pay attention to the DC bias and temperature effect of the ceramic capacitor. you may need to use a bigger capacitor to make sure the DC bus voltage ripple is low enough to keep the power delivery and acceptable ripple performance

Best Regards