Solution Finder Get Tech Support

HiperTFS-2 Family chice of IC Current limit and KI factor nad design geometry?

Posted by: Berger on

I make my frist design with HiperTFS-2, for my power (170W) is designed TFS7702H, but Mouser 
do not offer this type, have TFS7703H.
I use this. My question is whichever is the better (has a better efficiency)?

Use TFS7703H with full currentlinit?

Use TFS7703H with redice current limit 90% or 70%?

Design geometry

Power supply comes in a metal box, which could act as heatsing, any as see picture.

Unfortunately, the distance between HPFS-2 and the primary winding of the auxiliary transformers is about 55 mm How big a problem is that the distance between the switching element and standby transformer for HiperTFS-2 Family and stability of power source? I think this incerase Leakage inductance, but  can not assess the impact

Files

Attachment Size
hiper.png 424.94 KB

Comments

Submitted by PI-Neela on 08/16/2016

you can use a size up device, and you can choose the appropriate current limit for your design specs. Either lower Ilim level is fine depending on your design. it may end up with lower IC temp and possible higher efficiency, but need verify on bench.
your PFC inductor and standby transformer distance is OK, If you worry about noise, there are a few things you can improve: move the standby transformer to the right and enlarge the distance from pFC choke.
or put a copper band around the PFC inductor and ground it to Bus minus.
noted your PFC inductor is too close to CM choke. That concerns me since the noise may degrade the EMI performance. Try to move CM choke further away from PFC inductor if you could.