Solution Finder Get Tech Support

DPA425R timing Remote ON/OFF?

Posted by: Carpenter on

I plan to use DPA425R (400 kHz) for driving power source make from 24V 400V for charging 3uF capacitor.
The capacitor is over thyristor discharge on other transformer for make 6kV spark.
I need to turn off the power supply when the capacitor is discharged into the load.
I use for remote ON/OFF NPN transistor on X ext, currnet limit.
My idea
Use on driving signal (Pulse) for driving thyrisotr and Remote ON/OFF DPA424
It Pulse is 1 DPA425R on On and thyrisotr is OFF, PS charge capacitor (100us)
If Pulse is 0 DPA425R on OFF and thyristor is ON, thyristor dischrge capacitor (10us)

it will work or I need to control the DPA and thyristor independently with some shift of control signals, perhaps because the DPA is delayed on X input ?

Comments

Submitted by Christotorain on 03/06/2018

There are things here that I didn't think some time as of late. Because of cool such a position, to the point that is to a great degree carefully taken, we will talk a huge amount of colleagues about it. For more info you can use this best essay writing service to having a wonderful assistant in writing and even you can get the guidelines too.

Submitted by PI-NANO on 03/12/2018

Hi,

For the 10uS OFF time the power supply should not have any problem.

However power supply ON time is only 100uS, so I am not sure if there will be enough time to completely charge the capacitor.

Just make sure that your design can deliver enough energy to the capacitor with in the given 100uS ON time.

For more details on the remote ON/OFF control of DPA switch please refer to remote ON/OFF section in page 7 of the DPA switch datasheet.

https://ac-dc.power.com/sites/default/files/product-docs/dpa_family_datasheet.pdf

Regards,
PI-NANO

Submitted by dou12not on 08/16/2018

Hi guys, I just stubled into this forum. I like your idea Carpenter and thanks for your improvement suggestions PI-NANO.

Mary Goldwin (Custom wheels and install Services)