Solution Finder Get Tech Support

DER-603 27W USB PD3.0/General Query

Posted by: subhendu satpathy on

Hello Team,
I am working on a USB PD3.0 Type C and Type A AC Adapter charger design and taking reference from DER-603 27W reference design.
In this reference design i would like to know what is the voltage and current rating on the secondary side of the transformer at the junction where C10 and C11 and FL2 line are connected. I wanted to tap from this point for powering up a DC DC buck converter to supply Vbus of 5V to my Type A receptacle.

Thanks.
Regards,
Subhendu

Comments

Submitted by PI-Spark on 06/03/2020

Hi subhendu satpathy,
Thank you for considering Power Integrations products.
What is the rated output current of your Type A output?
DER-603 uses INN3266C, which is rated only for 27W total output power for adapter designs with universal AC input.
If you plan to add a Type A output, it is recommended to choose the InnoSwitch3 device based on the total output power of the design, and re-calculate transformer specifications.
You may also browse InnoSwitch3-Pro reference designs as these are specifically made for USB PD adapters.
https://ac-dc.power.com/products/innoswitch-family/innoswitch3-pro/
Also, USB PD adapters with PPS can have output voltage as low as 3.3V.
You might want to consider using a buck-boost converter instead of a buck converter for your Type A output.

Regards,
PI-Spark

Submitted by Subhendu on 06/15/2020

Hello Team,
Sorry for the late reply.
I have planned to have a Type A of rating 10W, 5V/2A.. May i know if it is possible using DER-603. I am planning to use a buck-boost converter MP8859 from monolithic power.

I would like to know if it possible to get in touch with Apps Engg directly for my application schematics and gerber to be reviewed.. Posting it on forum is risky..

Thanks.
Regards,
Subhendu

Submitted by PI-Spark on 06/16/2020

Hi Subhendu,

Can you share your email address where we can contact you directly? Thanks.

Regards,
PI-Spark

Submitted by Subhendu on 06/16/2020

Thanks for your reply
My email ID is sssy@emlabs.in