Solution Finder Get Tech Support

LinkSwitch-HP Current Limit Variation

Posted by: danieladantas on

Hi,

I'm working in a project that uses the IC LinkSwitch-HP Family and I would like to ask how can I find information about the current limit (ILIM) variation with the di/dt slope. I did not find this information in the technical datasheet, only fixed current limits for specific di/dt.

Best Regards,

Comments

Submitted by PI-Jedidiah on 03/02/2018

Hi Daniel,
Yes, the datsheet only provides fixed current limits for specific di/dt. That is the maximum current limit for the device you've choosed during full load condition. When the controller detects you're not operating in full load condition based on your design, it will automatically adjust the current limit and frequency.

Regards,
Jedidiah

Submitted by danieladantas on 03/02/2018

Hi Jedidiah,

Thank you for answering!

Yes, I understood this point. But how can I estimate this adjust in the current limit according to a specific application?

I found in TinySwitch-4 family datasheet a curve providing the current limit variation, considering normalized values (file attached). Is there anything like this for the LinkSwitch-HP family?

Best Regards

Attachment Size
tny.PNG 70.49 KB
Submitted by PI-Jedidiah on 03/08/2018

Hi Daniel,
We don't have graph of normalized current limit versus normalized di/dt on linkswitch-hp.
What specific application do you need? Power supply is designed based on the maximum power requirement of customers. The maximum di/dt is used to calculate the design needed.
Regards,
Jedidiah

Attachment Size
I_limit_LinkSwitch-HP.PNG 85.16 KB