Solution Finder Get Tech Support

smps don't work

Posted by: hicham boutouche on

Hello,

I did a project using PI expert with TOP246EN (it s chould be top 253yn but i used top 246yn), I did as projected and now I am testing the power supply.
The power supply should deliver 1.2A/5V 1A/12V 1A/12V.

you find in this document all my result

Could you please help me?

Hicham BOUTOUCHE

Files

Attachment Size
smps.pdf 192.87 KB

Comments

Submitted by PI-NANO on 12/11/2018

Hi,

The schematic is showing TOP253EN, however you said you are using TOP246YN/EN (not sure exactly which device you are using).

These are two different devices from different device families, you can not just swap the devices.

Please use TOP253EN or redesign the power supply with TOP246EN/YN device.

If you are in early stages of your design I would recommend to use TOP-JX family of devices since these are latest devices in TOP Switch product family.

Regards,
PI-NANO

Submitted by hicham boutouche on 12/16/2018

Hello,
the problem is that I can not find Gx switch on pi exprext suit, what should I do

Submitted by PI-NANO on 01/25/2019

Hi,

Please use the following key to activate the PI Xls for TOPSwitch-GX.

4912B6C609

Use PIExpert online, and in the top right corner of the web page (left to your Email id display) you will see the key symbol. Just enter the above code to after clicking the key symbol.

Regards,
PI-NANO

Submitted by hicham boutouche on 01/31/2019

thank you for the code,but i can't use pi expert with top switch GX

Submitted by PI-NANO on 02/21/2019

Hi,

You can still use the Pixls spreadsheet to design the transformer. Meanwhile let me find out if it is possible to get access to PIExpert.

Regards,
PI-NANO

Submitted by hicham boutouche on 03/01/2019

thank you i 'm waiting for your response

Submitted by PI-NANO on 03/18/2019

Hi,

I did spoke to out PIExpert/PIxls team and they have confirmed that PIExpert is not available for TOPSwitch-GX device. However you can use PIxls software to design the transformer as I suggested earlier.

Regards,
PI-NANO

Submitted by hicham boutouche on 03/23/2019

thank you,but i have a big number of this family i dont know what i will do

Submitted by PI-NANO on 04/10/2019

Hi,

You can still use PIxls to design the power supply using TOPSwitch-GX device as mentioned previously. If you need help with deign please contact one of our sales offices in your geographical region. You can find the link to PI sales offices below

https://ac-dc.power.com/sales/#/

Regards,
PI-NANO