Solution Finder Get Tech Support

current limite

Posted by: hicham boutouche on

Hi,
We are an Algerian company (Centrelec) we need some technical information about your products topswitch GX/HX, we need a document that explain how to limite the current because in your documents i don't find how to limite current of your product.
Cordialy.

Comments

Submitted by hicham boutouche on 02/18/2019

i search evry where but i don't find a document who explain step by step how to limite the current

Submitted by PI-PIke on 02/28/2019

Hi hicham boutouche,

You can access the TOPSwitch-GX datasheet on this link: https://ac-dc.powerint.cn/products/product-archive/topswitch-gx/

To answer your question about the current limit, on page 7 of the datasheet you can adjust the current limit by an external resistor between Pin (X)/(M) depending on the package and Pin (SOURCE).

Regards,
PI-PIke

Submitted by hicham boutouche on 03/01/2019

hi PI-PIke
Thanks for the documents if i understood I can limite the current with external resistor and there is a graph to select the value of the resistor,but if I want to limit the power how I chose the value of second the resistor between the x pin and the dc line

regards,

Submitted by PI-PIke on 03/11/2019

Hi hicham boutouche,

You can check AN-29 & AN-32 Design Methodology on how you can trim the resistor on your desired current limit value.

Regards,
PI-Pike