Solution Finder Get Tech Support

100W-600W non-isolated buck converter

Posted by: nepnickp on

Hi PI,

I am looking at a fairly simple power conditioning application.  I am currently implementing an offline buck.  The buck must step-down the power to <36VDC, 100W max (for now). 

I have gone through your tools and product lines and am seeing most solutions achieved via an isolated flyback topology (At least in the examples).  Are there any quick references for one of your product lines (TopSwitch for example) or an option in PI Expert that will not transform?  I am limited on real-estate and isolation is already achieved downsteam from this circuit, so it is necessary to replace the transformer with an inductor.

Thank you,

Nick

Comments

Submitted by PI-Kenobi on 04/13/2015

Unfortunately, we do not have a non-isolated buck design based on your specifications.

Submitted by nepnickp on 04/14/2015

If PI expert and your documentation does not have this information, is there a reason for it?  It looks like many of your families should support this, it's just not explicitly stated.  I imagine a family like the HiperPFS could buck down to around 30V with a little bit of noise.  Are there any FAEs available?

Submitted by PI-KSAN on 05/01/2015

We never Implemented 100W Buck Converter using our Products. However top Switch can Support the Buck Converter.

Attached the Design Idea , How to design Buck Converter using TopSwitch:

Attachment Size
di1.pdf 17.43 KB