Solution Finder Get Tech Support

How add new transformer core details in to PI xls or PI expert library

Posted by: kmohan.np on

Hi,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            When we try to design flyback DCDC converter using DPA switch in that transformer selection option, there is no custom core which is available in spread sheet of TOPswitch & other switch family which help us to use new transformer core by selecting custom core by entering core details required for PI design tool. Since I tried to design 2.5W DCDC converter with input range 36-72vdc & o/p of 5v/0.25mA for energymeter application using DPA423PN & EE16 core. But I designed using EFD15 core it works well but due to size issue it is held. So please help me out to upgrade the tool.             thanks & regards,                                                                                                                                                                                                                 mohan

Comments

Submitted by PI-Kenobi on 01/29/2016

https://www.power.com/forum/pi-expert-support/adding-new-cores-bobbins-transformer-selection-suite-pi-expert-designer/

Submitted by kmohan.np on 02/10/2016

Hi,

Thank you very much for providing the information.

Regards,

Mohan