Solution Finder Get Tech Support

AC to DC Circuit- Regarding

Posted by: Srinivas_Srini on

Hello,

We designed a circuit from PI Expert online (i.e) AC to DC converter.

Input AC: 230VAC
Output DC: 60VDC
Current: 2A
Output Watt: 120

We used an EI35 Transformer as per circuit design. But according to datasheet EI35 transformer supports only 45W. I have attached a datasheet and a circuit for your reference. We are facing a transformer issue.

And I have a another query, DF06M Bridge rectifier gives Rectified Output Current 1A is this current sufficient for our Circuit.

Please help us. We are facing this issues. We planed for 10K Production. No it is stopped due to this reasons.

Regards
Srinivas

Files

Attachment Size
Reference.PNG 124.15 KB
EI-35.pdf 183.34 KB

Comments

Submitted by Srinivas_Srini on 04/03/2018

Please help to resolve this problem

Submitted by PI-Kenobi on 04/12/2018

The file you have attached seems to be a datasheet for a specific transformer. It does not provide the core power handling capability. PI Expert uses the area product method to calculate the power handling capability of a core. If you go to your design and click on the transformer in the schematic, it will provide you the core parameters including the core power handling capability. EI35 can handle appx. 128W based on your design.
Please check the IAVG in the 'Design Results' tab and compare it to the rated current of the DF06M. I recreated your design and see no issues. Please validate your design on the bench.