2 posts / 0 new

Dear All,

I need short technical advice regarding the TOP246R part - can I replace that particular one with TOP246Y (TOP246YN) ? Can someone confirm this please?

Thanks for quick reply.


Dear Marcin,

The TOP246Y can be used as a substitute for the TOP246R; however, please note that the packages (and associated power dissipation capabilities) are different. The R package is surface-mount, whereas the Y package is thru-hole (supporting higher continuous power).