솔루션 찾기 기술 지원

Der186 design

Posted by: james on
Hi, I tried to use PIexcel 7.0 to design 350mA LED driver, which is same as Der186. But I found that the inductance and ratio is different from Der186. Which I should follow? Because now I plan to design one 500mA LED driver. I found the constant current is much larger (25%)than 500mA. But I follow the PIexcel transformer spec. Now I am confuse about this LNK 2. Thanks.

댓글

Submitted by Tim Starr on 10/10/2008

Hello,

I would recommend following DER-186 if it meets your specifications. However if you have entered the same values into the LNK-II Tapped Buck spreadsheet as are present in DER-186 the two should match. Please check the spreadsheet in the report against your spreadsheet to make sure things match, if they don't please upload the spreadsheet and we'll take a look at it.

For your second design, I'm not sure I understand your question completely. Do you mean that you have built a 500 mA LED driver prototype following the PIXls specifications but the current measured is much higher?

I look forward to hearing back from you and hope to clarify things and further assist you. Thanks!

Submitted by james on 10/12/2008
Hello, For transformer in DER-186, the primary wire Gauge is 31. But the real transformer is #34 for pin 4 to pin 1, #27 for pin 8 to pin 7; Input layers are 3.92 layers in the spec, but it is 3 layers for pin 4 to pin1 and 2 layers for pin 8 to pin 7. The input layer is changed to 5 layers? When PIexpert can include LNKSW-2? Thanks!