I am using LNK416 based LED driver. The efficiency of the driver is coming around 82%. I want to improve it to 86% to 90%. Whether it is possible to improve the efficiency up to 90%.
1) My operating voltage range is universal 85 - 265 V AC
2) Output Voltage is 40V @ 450mA ( 12 LEDs in Series )
3) The output wattage is coming around 18W.But in design spreed sheet it is recommending us to go for higher LNK switch version. So by using LNK417 and BP pin capacitor 10uF whether the efficiency will improve or not.
4) At present we are using TVS diode P6KE200A for snubber or whether Resister , capacitor RCD combination is required for improving the efficiency.
5) For universal input range margin gap for bobbin of 3.2mm is is needed or not because we are not using T.I.W so we have given a good insulating layer between the layers.
Please give your valuable suggestions to improve our design and efficiency.