InnoSwitch-CH ECAD Models
New from EDN: PI's VP of Marketing, Doug Bailey, discusses development of InnoSwitch technology. Read the article and watch the video now!
The InnoSwitch™-CH Family of ICs combines primary, secondary and feedback circuits in a single surface mounted off-line flyback switcher IC. The InnoSwitch-CH IC incorporates the primary FET, the primary side controller and a secondary-side synchronous rectification controller. The new IC also includes an innovative new technology, FluxLink™, which safely bridges the isolation barrier and eliminates the need for an optocoupler. The incorporation of the secondary side controller enables a shoot-through proof synchronous rectification FET drive while delivering fast transient response, exceeding all world-wide efficiency standards, including the Code of Conduct Version 5 and DoE Version 6 regulations.
Highly Integrated, Compact Footprint
- Incorporates flyback controller, 650 V MOSFET,
secondary-side sensing and synchronous rectification
- Integrated, HIPOT-isolated, feedback link
- Exceptional CV/CC accuracy, independent of transformer design or external components
- Instantaneous transient response ±5% CV with
0-100-0% load step
EcoSmart™– Energy Efficient
- <10 mW No-load @ 230 VAC with optional bias winding
- Easily meets all global energy efficiency regulations, including DOE 6/CoC v5
- Low heat dissipation
Advanced Protection / Safety Features
- Primary sensed output OVP with optional bias winding
- Secondary sensed output overshoot clamp
- Secondary sensed output OCP to zero output voltage
- Hysteretic thermal shutdown
- 725 V power MOSFET
Full Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- 100% production HIPOT compliance testing
at 6 kV DC/1 sec
- Reinforced insulation
- Isolation voltage = 3,500 VAC UL1577 and TUV (EN60950) safety approved EN61000-4-8 (100 A/m) and EN61000-4-9 (1000 A/m) compliant
- Halogen free and RoHS compliant
- Chargers and adapters for smart mobile devices
- LED lighting
- High efficiency, low voltage, high current power supplies
|Output Power (Watts)|
|230 VAC ±15%||85-265 VAC|
|INN20x3K||12 W||15 W||12 W||15 W|
|INN20x4K||15 W||20 W||15 W||20 W|
|INN20x5K||20 W||25 W||20 W||25 W|
- Minimum continuous power in a typical non-ventilated enclosed adapter measured at +40 °C ambient temperature.
- Minimum peak power capability.
- Package: K: eSOP-R16B.
- x = 0 (No cable compensation), x = 2 (6% cable compensation).