LYTSwitch-7 ECAD Models
The LYTSwitch™-7 family is ideal for single-stage, high PF, constant current LED dimmable applications.
The family incorporates a high-voltage MOSFET with a variable on-time CrM controller. Extensive protection features with minimum external components provide industry leading power density and functionality.
The CrM operation results in low turn-on losses and reduces cost of output diode (slower reverse recovery).
LYTSwitch-7 devices are suitable for applications from 4 W to 22 W. See Graph 1 for selection guidance based on typical inductance. LYTSwitch-7 peak current mode operation is suitable for TRIAC applications without the need of an active bleeder.
Single-Stage PFC + Accurate CC Output
- ±3% CC regulation in single line input voltage applications
- Power factor >0.9
- High efficiency >85%
- Robust 725 V MOSFET for increased line voltage surge performance
- Critical Conduction Mode (CrM) buck
- Low EMI
- Excellent line noise and transient rejection
- Fast turn-on (<500 ms)
- Low pop-on
- Better than 10:1 dimming ratio
- Simple passive R-C damper
- Monotonic dimming response
- Wide input (90 VAC – 308 VAC) and output voltage range operation
- LYT7503D and LYT7504D both cover power range for optimum device selection
- Requires no inductor bias winding
- Small form factor package – SO-8
- Industries lowest component count dimming solution
- Comprehensive protection features with auto-restart
- Input and output overvoltage protection (OVP)
- Output short-circuit protection
- Open-loop protection
- Advanced thermal control
- Thermal foldback ensures that light continues to be delivered at elevated temperatures
- Over-temperature shutdown provides protection during fault conditions
- Maximum practical continuous power in an open frame design with adequate heat sinking, measured at 50˚C ambient.
- Output power graph based on typical value in inductance, ILIMIT(AR), T ON(MAX) and package thermal limitations.