解决方案搜寻 技术支持

120W PFC isolated supply - is this possible with powerint devices? - time critical

Posted by: warysujoh on
Parametric selection does not show any device suitable for 120W, even without the need for pfc. Is there anything suitable for such an application? I need a working prototype by first week November, so there is little time to decide.

评论

Submitted by sheldon on 10/20/2008
If you have PFC in front, you can use TOPSwitch-HX flyback as the following DC/DC. Please find attached datasheet.
Submitted by warysujoh on 10/20/2008
I think he TOP261 would do the job for the forward converter. Is there a Power Integrations device suitable for the PFC stage? Also, are you aware of a standard forward converter transformer configurable to give 19V 6.5A output?
Submitted by PI-Chekov on 10/31/2008

Sorry we don't have a PFC solution at this time.

Regards

PI-Chekov

Submitted by prepka@behlman.com on 11/06/2008
If you look at the data sheet for the top200-204 series, they have a PFC schematic. It uses the top202 for 65 watts. The Top204 may get you close to what you want. the PF is ~0.98 but the THD isn't wonderful. Remember that the duty cycle limit when designing the inductor. I am not sure if this can be parallelled for more power. You would be much better off with a real PFC controller since the guys At PI designed this as a 'quick and dirty' but it works fine though.