解决方案搜寻 技术支持

TNY280

Posted by: franco de biasi on

Hi
a collegue of mine and I had a discussion about TNY280.
In the datasheet the "output power table" gives the indication for MINIMUM continuous power for each model.
The maximum power consuption of our base board is more or less 6W and the minimum 0.2W.
The voltage input is 85-265 VAC.
Efficiency is not priority

Can we use TNY 280 instead of TNY 276?
What advices can you give us?

thanks in advance

评论

Submitted by PI-Surak on 09/15/2010

TNY276 is the more appropriate device. TNY280 will work but it is a larger device than you should need for 6 watts. The transformer primary inductance will be much lower for TNY280 for 6 watt design -- so proabably will not operate as efficiently.

Hi,

I'm currently working with a 9W output power design that at the moment uses a TNY280. This device was chosen in order not to be limited by this component in early stage design and therefore the most high power device was chosen. Now we measure an efficiency of a little less than 75%.

Could the efficiency be affected by choosing another TNY and keeping the other components as is or should we only focus on transformer design and such to increase the efficiency?

Are there other suggestions for primary side design to increase efficiency.

Also, we have a ripple current on the buffer capacitor of ca 100V when using 230V input. Would this affect efficiency and lifetime of the capacitor much?

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Gustav